A Prophetic Word Over Immanuel’s Church
Nearly 25 years ago, in 1988, a prophetic brother, Scott Webster, had the following prophetic word over Pastor Charles and Dotty at a meeting in Frederick, Maryland. At that time Immanuel’s Church was about 300 – 400 people in size and just about ready to move from E. Brooke Lee Middle School in Wheaton to our first Worship Center (which is now our Fellowship Hall!). Note the accuracy of Scott’s words as the Holy Spirit declared Immanuel’s destiny.
The Lord says, “My son, I am going to cause that work that you are involved in to grow by leaps and bounds.” I see a work of like four or five hundred, and it’s going to grow to a thousand and twelve hundred and fifteen hundred and two thousand and, at times, you say, “God I don’t know if I can handle that many and I don’t even know if it’s Your pattern to have that many,” and the Lord says, “Son, I want a demonstration of My power; I want a demonstration of My apostolic authority,
so I’m going to cause this thing to grow quickly,” says God. And you’re going to stretch out your rod like the man of God, and you’re going to command. The Lord says, “Son and daughter, I want you to ask of me the heathen for your inheritance and the uttermost parts of the earth for your possession and I will give it to you, says God, and that place you’re in is going to be quickly outdated, says the Lord, and you’ll have to rise and do it again.” God is knitting hearts together. God is knitting the vision together, and “you’re going to be like David’s army—all gathered together, unified, one, before you reign in the land, says God, and I’m bringing a unity, I’m bringing a flow, I am bring a like-vision, and those that have their own vision, says God, … they’ll go and they’ll accomplish their vision, and I’ll raise up those that have the vision that I have given you and the mantle that I have given you. You’re going to raise up Timothies; you’re going to raise up many, says God, that you’ll send to the uttermost parts of the earth.” So God is unifying this thing. Hallelujah. Thank you, Jesus.
These seven things stand out in this prophetic word:
1. Our apostolic growth to become a sizable body of believers in this area!
2. Our apostolic outreaches to the uttermost parts of the earth!
3. Our need for a second building to be built (which is our current Worship Center—five times larger than our original one)!
4. Our being divinely knit together as one, as David’s army—for the fulfillment of God’s purposes!
5. Our experience over these 25 years with some leaving to “accomplish their own vision.” And in that we bless them.
6. Our mentoring ministry, resulting in many Timothies being apostolically sent out with the “mantle” of God upon them.
7. And so, Immanuel’s Church, “in keeping with the prophecies once made about you … by following them you may fight the good fight, holding on to faith and a good conscience….” (1 Timothy 1:18-19). We are called to fulfill our divine destiny!
For this reason we claim the promise from the Scriptures—“God who started this great work in you will keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears” (Philippians 1:6, TM). Amen!